Viveve Pre-Treatment and Post-Treatment Review
by Laura Johnson, RN, FNP
We have a little more time on our hands these days (some of us a LOT more). Changes in our world on a global scale, have caused more people to be home together. Families are adjusting to the newness of home schooling, working from home, and reconnecting with our loved ones intimately. Now is a wonderful time to learn more about the most impressive therapy available in intimate Women’s Health. Viveve Vaginal Tightening is a wonderful solution for mild to moderate stress incontinence, vaginal laxity and poor sexual function.
The Viveve system is efficient and effective, requiring only 30 minutes for sexual function treatments and 45 minutes for stress urinary incontinence. This makes tending to your vaginal health simple, convenient and stress-free. Fortunately, the Viveve system has no associated side effects. Additionally, the Viveve does not require any recovery or downtime, allowing patients to return to their daily routines, without any hassle or discomfort. Clients report noticing results as soon as 3 weeks. In most cases, clients notice results within 3 months. Our patients experience the full benefits of the Viveve treatment for up to 12 months. Sometimes, a touch-up after a year is required to maintain results.
What are the benefits of the Viveve system?
- Improved vaginal form and function
- Decreased urinary incontinence symptoms
- Increased natural lubrication
- Enhanced sensation during sexual intercourse
- No incisions, surgery or needles
- Results after one efficient appointment
- Zero downtime
- Wash the vaginal/vulvar area prior to the treatment.
- While most women drive themselves to and from the procedure, if you would like for someone to accompany you to your visit, feel free. Your friend or loved one is welcome to accompany you during the treatment.
- Be prepared. Write down questions you have for our staff so that you don’t forget them the day of the procedure.
- The procedure will last between 30-45 minutes. You may wish to bring your cellular phone, a book, or a magazine with you for the procedure. A few clients have fallen asleep during the session because there is no discomfort.
- Understand and sign the Consent Form and Patient Evaluation Form. We welcome all questions.
- You will hear different sounds during the procedure, such as the device signaling when pulses of energy have been delivered. You may also feel some mild warmth or cooling sensations in the vagina. Be sure to report any abnormal warmth, feeling, or sensations to your technician should you experience them.
- Ask questions. Be sure to have all your concerns addressed before you leave.
- Schedule your follow-up visit as recommended by the treating healthcare provider.
- Discuss any concerns about resuming sexual activity or use of tampons with your healthcare professional. There is no downtime with after the Viveve tightening treatment! Enjoy yourself immediately afterwards.
- Douching upsets the natural balance of the vaginal environment and should always be avoided.
- Most patients resume normal activity of daily living immediately after the procedure. Discuss your concerns with your healthcare professional.
During this shutdown and time of reflection, video chat or telephone consultations are available with L. Johnson, FNP or Dr. Coline Peredo.