by Tama Kieves
Moving Beyond Fear of the Unknown and Making Change Work for You
We’ve all heard the well-worn adage, “the only constant in life is change;” and most of us try to brace ourselves for the inevitable apprehension and fear that accompany it. But, in this ever-shifting economic and technological landscape, it has become crucial to internalize the skills needed to adapt when change happens—whether it’s a sudden job loss, an unexpected accident, or a crushing breakup.
Popular life coach and author Tama Kieves (Inspired & Unstoppable, A Year Without Fear) knows first-hand the fear and paralysis that accompanies drastic life changes. After years of working tirelessly to become a Harvard-educated partner at a top law firm, she realized that the career she invested so much in left her unfulfilled. Upon this realization, Tama did the unthinkable: she listened to her most authentic desires and made the changes necessary to lead the life she always wanted. Now, in Thriving Through Uncertainty: Moving Beyond Fear of the Unknown and Making Change Work for You Tama offers stories of triumph, revelatory exercises, as well as real-world advice to help others do the same, and let go of the debilitating fear that prevents them from moving forward.
Noting that true change originates from a shift in mindset, Kieves encourages readers to:
- Understand that all choices are risky, especially the “safe” ones
- Determine if we are just choosing comfort in the moment, or comfort for our lifetime
- Use specific prompts in order to unearth the inner directive to live an authentic life
- Discover what we want by exploring new things, meeting new people, and enjoying new experiences
- Pursue a deeper dream by moving forward in small, consistent steps
Revealing that the moment our plans fall apart is the moment when our true destiny begins, Thriving Through Uncertainty helps readers overcome the illusory fear of risk in order to live the authentic lives they crave.