by Dr. Carla Garcia, D.O.M.
What is microneedling?
Microneedling is a nonsurgical treatment that punctures the top layer of your skin with tiny needles, creating micro injuries that stimulate your skin’s healing response and boosts its natural collagen and elastin production. It can improve skin tone, reduce pore size, and fade scars and stretch marks. Watch the following 3-minute video to see what a treatment looks like:
- Cost and recovery time are lower than other skin-resurfacing treatments, like lasers.
- It works equally well on all skin tones.
- It does not hurt much, if at all. This is very dependent on the technique used and some of our patients fall asleep during the treatment.
- If you go to a clinic that is not experienced and not using the correct depth setting, the results will not be as good. We have been offering Microneedling for over four years.
- There is a two-day period where you should not use foundation on your face.
- It is not recommended for anyone with active skin conditions like eczema or acne.
What happens during microneedling: We apply pure pharmaceutical grade Hyaluronic Acid to your skin. Then we use a handheld pen with a 36-pin disposable tip to make tiny pinpricks. Treatment should be spaced about 4 weeks apart. Usually a maintenance treatment once or twice a year after your initial treatment series is recommended to maintain your results.
What to expect afterward: The average patient will have redness and sensitivity for a couple of days. For some patients the redness is gone within a couple of hours. Because microneedling creates tiny wounds, your skin will be susceptible to infection for up to three days after your treatment, so we recommend keeping it extra clean and don’t wear makeup for a couple of days.
When you’ll see results and how long they’ll last: You should notice a difference in your skin texture a week after your first treatment and improvement on acne scars or deeper wrinkles after at least three treatments.
If you are looking to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, tighten loose skin, reduce stretch marks or brown spot appearance or drastically reduce mild to moderate acne scarring, give us a call today at 505-271-6608 to schedule an appointment or get your questions answered. www.ThermographyNM.com