by Dr. Carla Garcia, D.O.M
Why is anyone choosing routine mammograms anymore?
With the preponderance of evidence mounting as to the number of false positives related to mammograms, the increased risk of exposure to radiation (visit www.cancer.org sponsored by the American Cancer Society) and the known discomfort of mammograms, why is any woman choosing to have annual mammograms anymore?
While the number of women having routine mammograms is declining, we are wondering why any woman would subject themselves to the risks and discomfort when there is a better way.
I’ve been talking about thermography in Truly Alive for years.
Here’s an overview of the facts about Thermography at the Thermography Center:
- Thermograms image the heat in the breasts that accompanies inflammation, lymph congestion and estrogen dominance in the early stages of disease
- Thermography Equipment is an FDA-registered, Class 1 Medical Device
Images are read by and reports are written by licensed M.D.s (the way mammograms are)
- A licensed professional is available to provide a clinical breast exam if you want or need one
- Thermography images are available for all parts of the body as well as for breast screenings
- Thermography, while not yet covered by insurance is very affordable, and well worth the difference in cost over your insurance co-pay.
Read the article titled “Wine, Cheese and Mammograms” in the last issue of Truly Alive (Sept/Oct, 2013). It’s worth understanding the lengths to which providers are going, to have women continue having mammograms.